When it comes to house hunting, aspiring homeowners often look for a house that’s as energy efficient as possible. After all, having an energy-efficient home means more money can be saved for other things, such as a rainy day fund. Recently, the NAHB held a survey asking what home buyers want to see in their future homes, and the answers included several smart energy consumption features.
In this post, home efficiency services provider Building Performance Professionals discusses the top five results of this survey.
1. Laundry Room – The home feature that tops this list is the laundry room. After all, taking all your laundry to a laundromat can be exhausting as well as expensive. With a dedicated laundry room, you can wash and even fold your clothes all in the comfort of your own home where you can watch over your children.
2. Patio – Most homeowners also look for homes with its own patio. This is because patios allow them to extend their living area to the outdoors and entertain more guests when having get-togethers. It’s also a good place to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry as much about the heat.
3. ENERGY STAR® Windows and Appliances – When it comes to energy efficiency, home efficiency companies will likely point you toward ENERGY STAR-branded products. ENERGY STAR windows and appliances have a great reputation for high energy savings and longevity.
4. Ceiling Fans – A ceiling fan is another feature that energy-conscious homeowners look for. One of the reasons it’s so popular is because it enhances your interior’s comfort by helping circulate air to make a room feel cooler, making them a less costly alternative to an air conditioner. On the other hand, if an AC is your primary cooling source, the ceiling fan can be a backup in case of malfunction.
5. Garage Storage – The everyday lives of homeowners can get pretty busy, and objects you don’t use daily can quickly pile up in your garage if you don’t have a convenient place to put them. This is why garage storage is another feature that people would like to have, allowing them to easily organize their tools, sports equipment and other items that need to be stored for future use.
For assistance when it comes to home energy audits, look no further than BPP. We’re your leading provider of energy assessment and heating and cooling services. Give us a call at (925) 495-0054 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.